Saturday, September 6, 2008

Today's post is dedicated to those who have struggled with loud and hectic mind stuff... (which I am beginning to find is just about everyone...) this is a private conversation with the inner being within... a connection we all share. It is one of the prayers I expressed years ago as I began to find the road to inner peace was very accessible... and as I also began to recognize the sources of the chaos in my own path...

As a Little Child

I think deep on the night, when you took my flight
away from me.
I couldn’t see too well then,
when
I screamed at the skies in anger…
away from me.
Away from all I wanted to be.

I heard not your voice
through the winds of my anger and pain.
Yet you stood next to me,
silently,
and open to my hurts.

I felt you then,
when my crying ceased
and you released your tremendous Love
into my silent mind.

And time stood still.

And then later,
the awful pain of
a drug filled mind
and a solitary fate…
How I found so much hate to grasp,
I don’t remember now.

Time’s healing path brought me
out of the darkness of
childhood days,
and soon I saw
my wings would not stay clipped forever.

I feel you now
when I remember then.

And I don’t quite remember when
the bitterness left this being,
but you silently listened,
and never left me
in the agony of my despair.
You were always there.

And as I began growing a little more
into your light,
I found delight in the moments
of your quiet laughter
in my heart.
You became more a part of me
than I can even imagine.

You took my small hand in yours,
and gave me a purpose for being…
for seeing beyond the years of my infancy,
into an eternity
that I’ve only now begun to comprehend.

You sent me children of my own
to watch and to care for,
and to learn from…
Learn what it means to feel their anger
when I have to clip their wings
so they don’t fly too far,
too fast,
into skies that they aren’t ready for yet.

You complete the circle within me,
and I see the reasons
for your trials
of my faith.

It is the child in me growing,
knowing you to be there,
feeling you reaching for me after each and every fall.
I call on you,
and you are there,
helping this little one grow.

BKBushman 4/3/2006

No comments: