Saturday, September 20, 2008

I was wondering...

A Fairy Tale?

It is not the fear of dying
that scares me so much
now…

as the fear of not living.

It is the fear of giving less
than I have to offer,
and receiving less,
than I have in store.

It is more distressing to me
to see moments slip by
that I could have lived
more fully and aware.

It is missing the opportunity to care
for any that may come my way,
and missing,
perhaps,
my chance to give the gifts I have brought
from the holy worlds
into this place.

Chase the fears away,
sweet inner soul dreamer…
weaver of the magic that makes life
more than reality!

Clear the cobwebs in my throat
that I may sing again
as the little child who had no fear,
for all things were dear and new then…

Sing my heart,
to friends and soulmates,
in all their manifestations and robes!

Look into the eyes of all and send hope!
It is enough to know that I am not alone in such…
In daring to hope…
In daring to dream…

In daring to believe that all the world is due
for happy times to come.

BKBushman 2/02/2007

1 comment:

Joey said...

Ah, the fear of receiving less... That is something we should fear; not just for this life but the eternities.

This is a great poem, Bruce. Kudos!

Oh, and I loved your list of 5 things you avoid. Go Laurel!!!