Saturday, September 6, 2008

PEBBLES ALONG THE WAY...

Note to Myself

Joy
(Nirvana, Heaven, Insert favorite vision here…)
is not an estate
that will be handed to me
in some nebulous future.

It is a creation of
my own hands,
constructed by the stones of
my mindthought,
and held together
by the mortar of
the passions
of my heart’s
emotions.

With each breath
I architect the estate
that I surround my soul with.

And as the architect,
if I find myself in a house
I abhor,
I have the right
to tear down the stones
that don’t harmonize,
and chip away
at the mortar of frustration and hopelessness.

And begin,
with wisdom and love,
to construct my estate anew.

Joy is not a future event.

It is with me in every time,
and in every moment
that I choose to recognize it.

Joy is the birthright
of the Children of Light.

I only need accept it now…

Bruce K Bushman 5/22/2006

1 comment:

Joey said...

Ah, you are echoing C.S. Lewis. Except that he felt that our future was created by our actions and the reality of where we ended up would color all of the memories of where we've been. For those in Heaven, all that brought them there will be heavenly memories. For those in Hell, their actions will be tainted with ugliness. Okay, I'm paraphrasing Lewis and one should NEVER do that!