Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The first thought this morning...

"Wisdom is blending the hope of a child with the experience of an adult."

I remember waking this morning from a dream where I had gone into a little used room in my home to look for something, and seeing the blinds open, I went to close them only to disturb a nest of birds that had taken over living there. They weren't afraid of me, but rather, they were interested in what I was.... and as in all dreams the vision somehow shifted to us being in a much larger room, or even outside, and I had gotten playful with the birds. I guess one of them had thrown something at me and I had swung at it with what I thought was a baseball bat. As more of the birds started getting into the spirit of the game, and throwing things my way I realized it was some sort of fruit, and when I looked down at what I was trying to swing at the fruit with, I had a banana in my hand, and the birds thought that this was a kick, and I couldn't hit a thing, and the more I swang at the fruit, the more they were unafraid of me and I of them...

I remember thinking that I wanted to tell Laurel when she got home that we had birds that had moved into one of the rooms upstairs but not to worry... they loved us...

And then I woke up with the thought in my head... "Wisdom is blending the hope of a child with the experience of an adult."

Now I'm no dream interpreter, but I wanted to write this down before I forgot in the light of a new day. Why this dream meant so much to me, I don't know. It's one of those little things that when you try to describe it to someone, the words all come out wrong and the visions seem nonsense, but you knew it had something to teach you... something you needed to learn, or remember.

The birds represented innocence in my dream, and my being there represented being a much more mature being letting go of preconceived notions and letting my silly side come out with a form of life that wasn't the same as my expression.

Anyway, I write it so as not to forget it.

I keep thinking maybe this dream was for the birds... (my critical analyzing self), but somehow, I am not sure it was!

4 comments:

Joey said...

I like that....I write so as not to forget it. And it was a dream worth remembering.

bridge-FACE said...

daddy that was a really cool dream. what with the opening of the blinds (a look into your subconscious)and playing with your guides. it sounds really magical! if you wanted to you keep a dream journal and write things as soon as you wake up to help... using the computer is good, but sometimes seeing your own handwriting can emotionally connect you to things better than fonts.... just saying....

lollie said...

I always wish I could remember dreams and describe them as cool as they happen. But when you try to tell it to someone it sounds dumb! But you did a good job with this one! I liked it!

Howard said...

My dreams, when I remember them, I seem to forget as I'm telling them to someone else. It's like they are for me, and me alone, and if I try to share they vanish. I wonder if it would happen if I tried to write it down.