Monday, August 18, 2008

It appears I may have a fan!

My mother called today. I hadn't answered her emails for about a week. I hadn't seen she had called twice yesterday, as I had put my phone on the charger for the weekend, and hid it in my office so as not to hear it.

I explained that I hadn't looked at the computer all weekend either, because I get too much of it during the week and I was sick to death of looking at computer screens, so I had pulled my pillows around me on the couch, had heated up the remote controls, and had spent the weekend vegatating as men love to do.

She said that she had noticed I also hadn't changed my blog in a while!

So I am excited now! I have a fan on my blog site! (Thanks mom!)

My parents sometimes wonder about me when they don't see me visibly in the electronic world...either with emails or calls. In our world it is getting increasingly harder to hide as we are always under the eye of "Big Brother" in one way or another. I once read that nowadays with all the camera surveilance in stores and elsewhere we can usually be seen on somebodies electronics at least a couple times of day! Gone are the days when you could get away from mom and pop without them worrying about you, or knowing what you were up to!

Maybe this is a good thing! Mom got a hold of me today, after a week of stress, and found out I was okay... just being a bum (which is not a thing you always want to admit to your parents, but being a parent myself, I guess I'm never surprised to find out my own kids are being lazy!)

Anyway, since at least one other person besides me is now checking into my site, I guess it is time to update it again! It is a fun thing to do, when you still have the energy to have fun on the computer... after a week of working accounting or letters, it isn't always so much fun to still be on the computer anymore! Too much of a good thing, is still too much!

Fortunately for me, I have about 30 years of my writings already polished up and ready for the blog screen, and so I will come back and post one of my writings from my selections. It is what drew me to being able to blog in the first place!

So, mom, my fan... enjoy! I'm sorry now that I already sent you copies of these as I was writing them. I guess I'll still have to come on and be original anyway, huh! Ah, such is life...

Fortunately, I'm now sick of sitting in front of the tv...

(Moderation in all things is something I eventually work out by overdoing everything, and then ignoring those same things for months to come!!!!)

No comments: