Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Garden of Weeds

Flying back from another blog site called "Gilian's Gardens", I was impressed to post the following writing from some years ago... If you find yourself on my flight path, Gilian, this one's for you...


A Garden of Weeds

Joyous walk, soft talk,
musical talk, spiritual walk...

A journey of no few steps,
yet a journey that seems too quickly traveled
in retrospect.

I neglect to give thanks to the path
so often,
and pass the joys
along my way as if
they were weeds to be shunned.

I’ve been noticing weeds a little bit,
lately.

So many have small flowers of color
that add dimension to my walks.
(and joy!)

I have recently learned that weeds
are the hardy plant that begins
the growth process for other life forms to come.

I look at the weeds in the garden of my life now
in a new perspective,
and give thanks that they
have given me strengths
that until recently,

I was blind to.

Bruce K Bushman 8/1/01

No comments: