Wednesday, January 13, 2010

For a fellow artist. You know who you are!

Let's see, in 1983 I would have been around 26 years old! Just a reference point for you! Yes, I realized the universe turns slowly way back then!

OVERHEAD WALKS THE SUN
1983

Overhead walks the sun
in majestic stride...
not caring to run
eternal abide,
slow ride...
fast tempo to shun...
at peace... one.

The clouds softly drifting,
complimenting her pace...
slow movement, shifting...
knowing their place...
oft taking chase
then her chariot lifting...
her rays sifting

as they fall from the sky
to brush my face,
and capture eye...
feel their embrace...
time, space,
their merging nigh...
completed... sigh.

The sky’s movements urging
my soul to be purging...
my life unify...
my heart purify.

2 comments:

Natalie Rausch said...

I am so jealous about how good you are at poetry and how wonderfully you get it to flow. And this is a perfect fit to what I was saying. And I do believe you were young once, maybe... :)
Have you heard of Owl City? They're a band who did a song called Fireflies, and because I really like it I somewhat used a line from it for my title on my blog. It just fit really well too.

Joey said...

The poetry of the innocent. And the less busy...

But you, Skybird, still love those feelings, don't you?