Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Worry, Therefore, I Am

I Worry, Therefore, I Am

Hello new and beautiful day
(What if it rains later, should I take my umbrella?)
I walk your way in joy and peace,
(What if I walk into a puddle and catch cold?)
and cease my inner struggle
(I left something on the stove, I just know it)
towards the perfect me I think I’m supposed to be.
(What if they notice I cut myself shaving this morning?)

Write your story in my heart,
(I forgot to write my kid an excuse note again)
and may I start to hear the clearness
(What if his teacher thinks I’m the biggest flake)
of your simple ways.

Cleanse my days from
(What if she doesn’t show for lunch?)
the distractions I lose myself in.
(What if I leave my keys in the car again)
I begin to find the softness
(What if he didn’t let the dog out again)
in my inner being.

Now I will be seeing the moments of
(What if I misplaced the utility bills and they aren’t really paid?)
Inner peace
(What if that stupid man really does declare war)
now that I know them to be.

Help me see with clear eyes the youth that once I knew..
(What if I can’t reverse this baldness)
My true nature was more alive then.
(What if I die without my pants on…)

BKBushman 3/30/2006

No comments: